- Contact the CDPH Food & Drug Branch re: HMDR
- - According to their website, there are a couple of ways to get in contact with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) - Food and Drug Branch, for questions regarding:
- - Medical Device Safety Inspection
- - HMDR Safety Inspection
- - Medical Device Export/ Export Document Program
- - Industry Education and Training
- - HMDR Out of State Registration
- - HMDR Exemptee Licenses
Contact them at:
Phone: (800) 495-3232
Fax: (916) 650-6650
- Read HMDR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- - Questions collected during the establishment of the HMDR Program. They represent the most frequently answered questions documented by CDPH HMDR staff.
HMDR FAQs (pdf)
- Find HMDR Application Forms
- - Go to the CDPH
HMDR License Applications
- Sherman Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Law
- - The Home Medical Device Retailer (HMDR) licensing program is administered as part of the Medical Device Safety Section and is governed by law found in the California Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law. The Sherman Law was amended in the 1999-2000 legislative session to establish the HMDR licensing program.
to, and read applicable sections of the Sherman Law.